There are several ways to make a You Tube video. You can use a video camera or webcam to film yourself, you can use screen capture software or you can use PowerPoint slides.
The video you see below was made using PowerPoint slides and here is how I did it.
1. Produce your slides in PowerPoint. Add the text, images and anything else you want.
2. You then need to save your slides as JPEGS. To do this all you do is click on “save as” in your PowerPoint and then select JPEG.
3. This saves your slides as images that you can import into your movie making software. In the video below I used Windows Movie Maker, which is a free program within Windows.
4. To add a professional introduction to my video I used a free service called Flixpress.com. This lets you create introductions using various templates that you can customise yourself. I downloaded the completed movie file from Flixpress and then imported it into Windows Movie Maker. You can also save it as an MP4 if you want.
5. For the music I wanted royalty free music so I paid about 50 pence for some music from Jewel Beat and again imported that into Windows Movie Maker.
The video below was made for travel and tourism students at Leeds City College for their Responsible Tourism course. It was fairly easy to make and is pretty basic but I hope that they can use the video for learning about Responsible Tourism and that they can watch the video wherever they may be.